Romanian handle logo's prone to wear?

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Recollect2023

Romanian handle logo's prone to wear?

Post by Recollect2023 »

Posted this in Romanian section as well - moderators, feel free to delete this message from either the Romanian or general section.

Hi, over the past months, I was lucky enough to find quite a few Romanian AIMS74 and some Romanian Type II bayonets. On some of them the logo on the handle shows excessive signs of wear, perhaps caused by the backside of the strap lock sliding over it. In the worst case, only the outer triangle is only vaguely visible with practically no signs left of the arrow inside. Others are damaged slightly to severely, but can still be recognized as Romanian. Is this a common problem with Romanian bayonets?
Mr. B.

Re: Romanian handle logo's prone to wear?

Post by Mr. B. »

I believe it is a common problem with the logo on the grip of the Romy Type II bayonets. I have had several, including a couple in new, unissued condition. Even on the new ones the detailed logos are chipped or damaged. I think some of the problem is in the hardness of the material used and the molding process. This can be agravated by the snap hook from the belt hanger. Ruins a nice logo! Mike