Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I Scabbard Insulator Variations

Romanian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I Scabbard Insulator Variations

Post by Mr. B. »

I was looking for information about the Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I scabbard insulator variations and noticed there was no specific info on this Forum. There doesn't seem to be much physical different, but lots of different colors / shades. For the most part they are rather crude in molding and finishing. They are often dirty, stained, damaged and discolored when found. When cleaned up it is interesting to see all the color / shade variations in the rubber material they used. As far as i can see there is no rhyme or reason to the differences in color or usage. From near white to black and all shades of grey in between. Different shades of brown, tan, almost yellow. Also shades of blue, green and red have been founds.
The pictures below are of what appear to be a red insulator that was on eBay. Unfortunately I lost out on it. I already have a red one, but this one looked nicer. The red ones seem to be somewhat rare. Not only the color, but they seem to be different in texture as well. They are softer than others, almost gummy in feel.
Mike
Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I Red Insulator 2.jpg
Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I Red Insulator 1.jpg
Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I Red Insulator 4.jpg
Mr. B.

Re: Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I Scabbard Insulator Variations

Post by Mr. B. »

This topic might be a good place to illustrate different and unusual insulators. However many different variations can be seen by looking at pictures already posted on this Forum under different Romanian topic. For example: "Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I Hanger Variations", Plus many other related AKM 6X3 Type I topics.
Mike