World Wide Pandemic

For the Discussion of Anything Off-Topic

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

World Wide Pandemic

Post by Mr. B. »

Not sure how it is in your neck of the woods, (or World). But where I live we are in the midst of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) invasion. All except essential businesses have been closed and we are under indefinite home confinement. Being confined is tolerable, but difficult to find thing to do after a while. Need distractions and finding time to spent with my AK bayonet collection. Perhaps a good time to exchange info and pictures of our references and collection. Anybody else have anything to share or discuss? Mike
ilian

Re: World Wide Pandemic

Post by ilian »

Me, i have a lot of free time, confined at home, :/
RPBCPS

Post by RPBCPS »

and the UK joins you, from tonight we are also officially on lockdown...

Stay safe
Richard
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Today, the entire South Africa went into a strict 21 day lockdown. Not allowed out of the house unless for food shopping or medicine. Only essential people can be on the roads, army and police patrolling.
NO alcohol may be purchased or transported anywhere. If you want it, it better be in your home already.
NO restaurants open, no take-out deliveries. Only essential goods may be purchases. Borders closed, no-one in or out.
I get to spend some time with my various weapon collections.
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Wow, that's strict! Probably for the best. I wish that either the US Federal government or the individual states would have clamped down sooner. As it is our infection rates are still climbing. We personally are in our 3rd week of strict individual isolation. A decent supply of medicinal alcohol certainly helps. Stay safe! Mike
steelmonkey

Post by steelmonkey »

If a US lock down does occur, I'm going to need to get back home where I have prepared over the years for such emergencies. It's also good to have a network of talented friends in the firearms business.

What isn't good, is being 1880 miles from home at this point in time but it is paying the bills though I currently have a "permission slip" because of my work in the power transmission & distribution in the national power grid system.

It's going to be interesting to say the least, over the next month or two, for now.

I do carry a bottle of medicinal tequila with me at all times! ;)
steelmonkey

Post by steelmonkey »

Besides, I got to get home ASAP to handle that gorgeous Valmet bayo I bought from RPBCPS! Thanks again Richard.
RPBCPS

Post by RPBCPS »

steelmonkey wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:37 am Besides, I got to get home ASAP to handle that gorgeous Valmet bayo I bought from RPBCPS! Thanks again Richard.
You are welcome, I hope you enjoy owning the bayonet, as much as I did.

A colleague I worked with in North Africa who lives in Houston, tells me he is buttoning down the hatches and recently bought a new pump action Shotgun and plenty of ammo, in case of looting, like those that occurred after Hurricane Harvey.

In the UK, we are into week 2 of lockdown, but allowed to go out for exercise once a day, so I usually spend a few hours walking through the local fields etc. and along part of Hadrian's Wall. Usually meet no one during my walks...and the walks are getting me in good shape for my upcoming surgery.

Stay safe, those COVID-19 statistics are increasing every day!

Richard
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

We are in our third week of social isolation. We're pretty much self sufficient, but have well meaning friends and neighbors asking if we need any help. We appreciate the concern and offers, but assure them we have all the supplies we need including toilet paper and ammo. :-) Mike
ilian

Post by ilian »

Take care all :)

And i will do some pics of bayonets this weekend.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our 3 week lockdown just got extended by 2 weeks more. I'm doing fine. Enjoying catching up on house work and reviewing my collections. I have a ton of stuff
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

We completed 4 weeks of isolation today. We still haven't peaked here yet. All preventive measures in effect until May 1st at this time. Getting a little more bored each day. Spending a lot of time studying and reviewing my collections too. Reading, reviewing and translating references.

Brian, would like to see your collections …….. show us what you have?
Cheers! Mike