Tula 6x3 with Izhevsk scabbard

Russian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

NICO56

Tula 6x3 with Izhevsk scabbard

Post by NICO56 »

Hi
I just noticed that I have a 6x3 Tula bayonet but with an Izhevsk scabbard. Can you help me ?
Attachments
IMG_20210312_135533.jpg
IMG_20210312_135540.jpg
IMG_20210312_135515.jpg
Mr. B.

Re: Tula 6x3 with Izhevsk scabbard

Post by Mr. B. »

Unfortunately I can't help. After sorting out all my Russian AKM 6X3 bayonets and scabbards I still have two that are mixed arsenals. Just like yours, Tula bayonets in Izhevsk scabbards with matching rework numbers. Mike
mill_speer

Post by mill_speer »

That has been revised.
These sealing discs with fabric filler are not used by Tula and Ischevesk.
ilian

Post by ilian »

Certainly repaired in one "rework/repair factory" in USSR (but wich one? :/ )
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

I believe that NIC056 is looking for is a trading partner. Someone with a miss-matched Izhevsk bayonet in a Tula scabbard? Or at least someone with an extra Tula scabbard for sale or trade. The hand etched rework numbers can be removed or painted over and new matching numbers hand etched if desired, (I left mine un-numbered). Anyone out there need a Izhevsk scabbard? Mike
NICO56

Post by NICO56 »

No no. I prefer to keep it as it is with its particularity and moreover I already have a complete Tula.
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

NICO56 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:02 pm Hi
I just noticed that I have a 6x3 Tula bayonet but with an Izhevsk scabbard. Can you help me ?
My apologies. :surrender: I made an assumption as to what you meant by, "Can you help me?". What help is it you want? Mike
NICO56

Post by NICO56 »

No problem, I explained myself poorly. I wanted to know if someone could help me understand such an assembly (arsenal, unit ...), reasons, frequent to see ..
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

The bayonet and scabbard you pictured have been completely reworked / refurbished. It appears the grip panels, insulator, hanger and strap have all been replaces with new parts. The bayonet and scabbard have been repainted. Original numbers have been removed and/or painted over. New forced matching hand etched numbers have been added.
The following statement sums it up: Most of the available Russian AKM 6X3 Type I bayonets have been reworked, refinished and renumbered. Components and accessories have been replaced and no attempt has been made to keep the original bayonets and scabbards together. The bayonets and scabbards were mixed together randomly, early and late production and different original arsenals. It made no difference as long as they were functional. Now that we can identify the scabbards by arsenal it is possible to restore early and late production according to the different arsenals. The forced matching rework numbers are not important as they were random to start with. Mike