Czech VZ58 Bayonet Collection

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Czech VZ58 Bayonet Collection

Post by Mr. B. »

Below is a picture of just my Czechoslovakian VZ58 bayonet collection. The Czech VZ58 rifle has nothing in common with AK rifle series except for the ammunition, 7.62x.39mm. Nothing else is similar or interchanges. The Czech bayonets also have nothing in common the AK bayonets. Yet because the VZ58 and AK rifles look similar, we include them in our collections. They are not wire cutters. They are not numbered to a scabbard. They have one piece scabbards and hangers that are all leather or fabric. They also have a different method of mounting on a rifle. The items pictured below represent the three original authorized variations in the bayonets and scabbards plus the only authorized modifications. The book is a Czech language reference with a note book of translations from this book and other related references. I used the uniform as a prop. It is an original 1960s Czech 3 piece, (pants, jacket, hat), field uniform, dated 1961. It is in new, never worn, condition and has been in my collection for about 50 years. It's all cotton and heavy duty, weighs 4.2 pound. It is for sale or trade if anyone is interested. More pictures, information available on request.
Mike
Czech Collection 2021 1 (2).jpg
Mr. B.

Re: Czech VZ58 Bayonet Collection

Post by Mr. B. »

As a side note, I am missing the following items to complete the above collection. 1.A grey vinyl NBC scabbard. 2. A Slovakian fabric hanger. 3. A Type I bayonet with the authorized welded on pommel modification. 4. Maybe even a version of the new SA58 bayonet and scabbard that was never produced or issued in quantity.
If anyone has any of the first three items for sale or trade, let me know. Thanks, Mike
Mr. B.

Re: Czech VZ58 Bayonet Collection

Post by Mr. B. »

I added a VZ58 Type I bayonet with the authorized welded on pommel modification today. Pictures in the Czech section. MIke