Slovenian AKM 6X4 Type II ???

Countries such as Cuba, Latvia, Lithuania, Croatia, Vietnam etc with their own frogs/modifications etc.

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Slovenian AKM 6X4 Type II ???

Post by Mr. B. »

I have seen this AKM 6X4 Type II bayonet & scabbard displayed many times over the last 15 years or so. It is commonly identified as Slovenian due to the unusual hanger and wrist strap even in reference materials. However, I have never seen any official providence or confirmation of this. Most commonly this hanger and strap are displayed/pictured on a Yugoslavian AKM 6X4 type II (M70) bayonet and scabbard. I have seen it with the usual Yugo issue numbers and the R-code ones as well. This raises the question of who makes and or issues these hangers and straps? All the ones I have seen are like new, never used. Possibly made up for the collector's market? Why the Yugo bayonets? Are they purchased and used by Slovenia? Lot's of questions, anyone have any additional information?

I used a new unissued, un-numbered M70 to display my Slovenian(?) strap and hanger. Note the factory assembly markings on the blade and cutter plate.
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Slovenian AKM 6X4 Type II ???

Post by Brian »

I have the hanger, but never came with the strap.
I have only known them to be called Slovenian..or sometimes Slovakian. Like to know more myself.
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I just picked one up with the matching strap from Pete Phillipe along with 8 other interesting bayonets when I drove out to the SAR Show in Phoenix last week.

MDI
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

..my fresh addition...
Attachments
SLO_01.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Nice addition! Congrats. These continue to be scarce. Mike