Polish Training Bayonets

Polish AK bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

kstim

Polish Training Bayonets

Post by kstim »

Just scored a really nice, I would say unissued, 1987 Polish training bayonet. Are these fairly common, and any opinions about value?
Mr. B.

Re: Polish Training Bayonets

Post by Mr. B. »

Do you mean the ones with the retractable "blades"? Fairly common, yes, but a little pricey. Most are in Very Good to Excellent, Unissued condition. Prices vary as there are several variations and dates. Prices run from $75.00 to S150.00 for most. Check them out on this page under: Polish M 1985 (GAL wz.85) Training Bayonet Variants. Mike
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Try avoid the ones marked "ML" as those were put together from parts.
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

I would suppose that if someone was to collect all the marking variations they would need NR 1985 thru 1989 and ML 1988 & 89 as well as ML 2006 & 2007. The main physical variation would require two from the year the cross guard piece was changed. Then the changes in finishes could be addressed as well as other color variations of the grip and rubber parts which are easily removed and replaced. All sorts of possibilities.

To me the ML series would seem rare. I've only seen one and know of the others from references and pictures. I have only two of the NR series in my collection to display most of the variations. I would be interested in others if the price was right and bayonet collecting was slow, like now? Even then it isn't a primary interest. Mike
kstim

Post by kstim »

Thanks for the replies, guys. Mine is an Nr, dated 1987, it is in what I would call unissued condition, lots of cosmoline on the "blade." Paid $75.00, so not bad.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great price.
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I have an Nr dated 86, 2 Nr dated 87 (one with black rubber and one with light gray), and an ML date 88.
If someone has a different year with black or light gray rubber that they would trade for one of my 87 dated, I would be interested.