Hungarian AKM 6X3 Hanger Belt Loops

Hungarian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Hungarian AKM 6X3 Hanger Belt Loops

Post by Mr. B. »

The Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I bayonets and scabbards all seem to use the same basic two snap hook belt hangers. This allows the option of removing just the scabbard from the hanger or removing the complete bayonet and hanger assembly from the belt loop. Most of the hangers are pretty much the same construction and materials with the exception of the belt loop. There are three different styles of belt loop all constructed the same, but using different materials. The one in the middle, is the original Hungarian military issue. It is natural tan leather and has a heavy gauge blackened "D" ring and blackened steel rivets. The top one, is the newer style belt loop primarily for commercial / export sales. It is also natural tan leather and is the most common one found. It has a thinner gauge, natural metal "D" ring and brass rivets. The bottom one is for dress or parade use and features a white finished leather. It has the smallest gauge "D" ring and rivets that are chrome or nickel plated finish. Mike
IMG_0145.JPG
IMG_0145.JPG (74.88 KiB) Viewed 9188 times
Mr. B.

Re: Hungarian AKM 6X3 Hanger Belt Loops

Post by Mr. B. »

As an addendum to the above post, when most of the ComBloc countries used the two hook hanger, the belt loop was issued with the belt and not with the bayonet and scabbard. This explains why the bayonets and scabbards are usually found with only the lower part of the hanger with the two snap hooks. The belt loops with the "D" ring also were used to attach other items to the belts such as canteens, shoulder harnesses, etc.. M.
Mr. B.

Re: Hungarian AKM 6X3 Hanger Belt Loops

Post by Mr. B. »

I have had this Hungarian AKM 6X3 bayonet and scabbard hanger for a while. This white leather two piece hanger is not something that really fits in my collection. I don't usually look for the parade, ceremonial or commemorative etc. items but, somehow I seem to end up with a few.
Mike
Hungarian AKM white parade hanger.jpg