Bayonet maintenance and storage

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Recollect2023

Bayonet maintenance and storage

Post by Recollect2023 »

It's probably been point of discussion earlier, but how do other forum members store and display their AK bayonets, and what is the best way to protect them from dust and rust? Do you use any kind of lubricant on the (blued or painted) pommels and crossguards as well as on the blades, or do you take environmental measures like a sealed cabinet or moisture control?

Opinions are very welcome!

Hans
Mr. B.

Re: Bayonet maintenance and storage

Post by Mr. B. »

Hi Hans, You might just scroll thru this section of the Forum. Several pages full of questions and discussions.
This heading is about displaying: viewtopic.php?t=73
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Sorry Hans, I am having posting issues. I got cut off on the previous reply then it posted twice.

To finish answering your questions: Mine are kept in a basement room without windows. It is heated and air conditioned. Also with a dehumidifier and alarm system as there are also firearms. Most are on pegboard walls, some are in old dresser drawers. Easy to see and access. Bayonet are outside tools made to resist the element. When need I wipe with WD40 on a rag.
Cheers, Mike
Recollect2023

Post by Recollect2023 »

Thanks for that Mike. I am currently investigating dehumidifiers and making some plans for a glass panel sealed cabinet.