Russian Hanger for Molle LBE

Russian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Russian Hanger for Molle LBE

Post by Mr. B. »

I recently purchased this hanger from a seller in the Russian Federation. Whether it is military or commercial is unknown. It is one of the best Modular system, (Molle), hangers I have seen. Many of those available have no positive way of securing the scabbard, (and bayonet), to the hanger. When I saw this one with the "D" ring it just seemed correct. All it needed was the snap hook from a belt hanger. This secures the scabbard when the bayonet is withdrawn in any position even inverted. And yet the scabbard is also easily removable to use as a wire cutter. Mike
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Russian Hanger for Molle LBE

Post by Brian »

Certainly seems well made. Can't see someone making that in a very small batch. Must be official use somewhere. Will ask one of the Russian guys on FB
Brian
- Admin -
pwcosol

Re: Russian Hanger for Molle LBE

Post by pwcosol »

This suspension appears to be the next step in bringing the AK bayonet into the 21st century. I think the Lithuanian produced pattern was an interim step, and would be considered a true frog/suspension. Now this Soviet, Molle-inspired pattern is not unlike somewhat similar types for other, modern bayonets. I was debating whether to get one of these myself, so thanks for the write-up. Will be interested to learn what the Russkies have to say as well...