Russian Green !?

Russian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Russian Green !?

Post by Mr. B. »

Has anyone else seen this picture of the Russian green plastic, (synthetic), equipment? According to the caption it was issued to the Russian border control troops!? One magazine was sold recently for four figures!? It would be interesting to have more information on this, especially the bayonet and scabbard. Mike
Russian Green Funature and Bayo.jpg
Russian Green AKM #1.jpg
Russian Green AKM #2.jpg
Russian Green AKM #3.jpg
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Russian Green !?

Post by Brian »

I only have the pics from the other forum, and would love to find out more myself.
Hate finding new "must-haves"!
Attachments
Unknown_Russian3.jpg
Unknown_Russian4.jpg
Brian
- Admin -
FirearmFrank

Post by FirearmFrank »

i keep seeing on instagram and on akfiles the Green mags going to $2,000+
Firearm Collector / Builder. AK Bayonet Collector
Hungarian AMD65, Converted Saiga .223, Plum Bulgarian AK74, Yugo M70

WTB: Lithuanian Camo AK Bayonet Frog, Black Egyptian Maadi Bayonet
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That is just insane.
Brian
- Admin -
ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

It is interesting that these bayonets came in same time on many forums and in all these years you couldn't seen them not even on one Russian forum or site.. You can find lot of green akm and ak 74 rifles photos also owners of deactivated pieces but not in Izhmash museum and now so many are here with badly molded handles that are different from piece to piece the first stuff I look are pommels and fixated screw that is fixed with two punched points.. It is interesting that is even "plum" fantasy model made.. Same photos and some more are also come on russian forums but nobody knows nothing even old collectors and if not seen in Russia then it don't exist.. As honor rifle given as gift for service in border troops it is impossible that there is not even one found in russia... You can see even some fake painted numeration on plum one but this belongs to newer period late 90s-2000s ... Years ago Russian army oficcially left for service only 6x5 even them they considered to put out of service ... these are some other photos I have

ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

the old border troops soldier veteran with his sons and green ak from time of soviet unit...

Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Does he know how much that magazine is worth? :lol:
Brian
- Admin -
ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

As I know seen the whole green AK for price of around 1000$ on some Russian forums which are more about MMGs (deact. weapon). As you see these ak74 mags are not completely green the top part is black so it easy to reproduce them by painting..
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Actually the body is green plastic if you look from the inside, the top is painted black for some reason. These are not painted green.

MDI
ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

No you didn't understand what I wrote , I was talking about mag and how easy is to make fake by painting normal black mag...The original is green plastic
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Sorry, I did misunderstand. Yes, the mags as well as the furniture can be faked by painting, but as I said the mags can be checked by opening them up and looking at the inside and doing a scratch test on the inside if necessary. Same way with the furniture, hidden areas can be checked.
Bayonets would be much more difficult to fake.

MDI
ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

I agree with you at point "much more difficult to fake" but not really as you see all these are fakes badly molded plastic eve that plum fantasy russian production is never messy like that and yes you can paint scabbard or cover with plastic how much are you sure the one about it if you never seen and got in hand? .. You got the point ? ..
Talked with some collectors from Russia and not even one seen that ever , so isn't it strange that this came up in same time on so many sites??
Fantasy is easy to made or better say fake and sell specially to collectors that are not familiar with low knowledge about it like painted bayonets in white or black color with insane story (even black painted exists but as classroom piece both bayonet and mag but those are bad quality pieces I have one it is nothing speciall)... Best example of faking is story invented in US about KGB ballistic knife the biggest fakes of all, and those nicely produced knifes where sold well there, I have one with faked Izhmash logo not for collection but for use. The one on photo with mags seems much better molded but photo is little dark to see all and it is only green one you see with scabbard..
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I was thinking the same thing about the bayonet in the photo looking nicer than the one in the other picture.

The black and plum and green bayonets in the other photos look like someone got some reject parts from a bayonet factory then molded up some junk grips and slapped them together.

If you are referring to the coil spring loaded knife that shoot the blade out, I've known that was a BS item for years. Would like to have one just to play with but not for the same money that a real NRS Scout knife would cost. I've seen the damn things sell for over $1000 at one point in time.

I have a photo somewhere of a green 6X4 bayonet in a museum that appears to have a smooth grip like a standard 6X4. If I can find it I will post it.

MDI
ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

I don't know what is so interesting about these mags but just plain green not like old nice prototype green bakelite made on akm.
Seen better spring loaded knives handmade than some originals ... I had photo of plain green on old dead disk but it was not so good quality ...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Finally an answer.
The fourth version of the 6×4 series of AK bayonets is the rarest one. This bayonet was made by another Soviet arms designing plant – TsNII TochMash. Possibly, this was an experimental bayonet although it was issued in small quantities. It was largely identical to the 6X4 Type 2 with the exception of the handle attachment method. The handle of 6X4 Type 4 bayonet was over-molded on the tang thus eliminating the need of a cross pin seen on conventional 6X4 AK bayonets. The handle material was also different (PA-6 polyamide instead of the AG-4V polymer material) and had a dark brown color. The handle of 6X4 Type 4 bayonet features stippling style pattern. There is also a small gap between the handle and the finger guard. The Type 4 scabbard was 10mm longer than other 6X4 scabbards. These longer scabbards later became the base for development of the next generation 6X5 bayonets, however, the 6X5 bayonets are not compatible (won’t go in all the way) with 6X4 Type 4 scabbards.

The production of 6X4 Type 4 bayonets lasted only one year (1981), however, in 1986 a small batch was made for the commemorative green furniture AKs which were awarded to best soldiers of the Soviet border guard. These bayonets and their scabbards had a green color matching the furniture color of the mentioned rifles.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... -bayonets/
Brian
- Admin -
NICO56

Post by NICO56 »

As you can see a green 6x5 bayonet was also built for the AN 94 also of the same color
Attachments
spcRXGoxgvw.jpg
1573452169141596158.jpg