New to the forum

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Recollect2023

New to the forum

Post by Recollect2023 »

Hi,

I'm Hans from the Netherlands and new to this forum. I sold almost my entire collection of AK bayonets (except for a Circle 10 6H5 which I still have) in the late nineties to raise funds for another collection. Sad choice, in retrospect: I even sold a KM87.

I recently started collecting AK bayonets again, and have a humble (but expanding) collection of some 12 pieces at the moment, mostly Polish, former East German, Bulgarian and Romanian types.

I didn't have a clue how vast the diversity in AK bayonets was when I collected them in the nineties. I learned quite a lot about different types and nations which used them on fora like this, and am amazed about the plethora of potential additions to my collection. Availability seems to be an issue however.

I hope to be able to contribute to discussions in a positive way, despite me being a relative novice. And help with possible future purchases is very welcome!

Hans
Mr. B.

Re: New to the forum

Post by Mr. B. »

Good Morning Hans,

Welcome to the Forum! A lot has changed since the 1990s. Lots of new information and pictures have become avaiable. Hard copy references have been unable to keep up. Places like this Forum make it easier to keep up with new information and ideas, Just remember, there are no dumb questions and always something new to learn,

Best Regards, Mike
Recollect2023

Re: New to the forum

Post by Recollect2023 »

Thanks for that Mike!

Hans