Bayonets

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Hombre

Bayonets

Post by Hombre »

Someone I know have these two bayonets... The one on the right I think is a Bulgarian version...
The one one the left I believe is an East German version... Unfortunately not matching and also in a not so good shape if I look at the pictures...
Am I correct?

Best,
Stefan
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
Mr. B.

Re: Bayonets

Post by Mr. B. »

Hi Stefan,

You are correct! The one one the right is a Bulgarian AK47 6X2 bayonet and scabbard. Later versions, appear to be in nice condition. The one on the left is an East German AKM 6X4 Type II bayonet and scabbard. The bayonet has the orange grip from early 6X4 production before they switched to black. It is the last variation of the orange ones. The scabbard is the typical Type II they started using on the 6X3 transitionals. The orange handled ones are difficult to find. Unfortunately this one has seen a lot of use, wear and tear. Unfortunately it does not have matching numbers. Also the left side of the pommel appears to have been ground on. Maybe when the securing latch plate was repaired / replaced. Mike