Polish 6h3 "Type I" Handles

Polish AK bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Re: Polish 6h3 "Type I" Handles

Post by Mr. B. »

I agree with Fred and Alexander. I am sure we all are sick, (literally), and tired of all this Covid Crap. Quarantine, isolation, social distancing, masks or not, vaccines or not. Enough! Let's not let it invade this Forum, not the place to discuss or vent.
I am pleased, (and envious!), to hear that someone was able to get out and enjoy a collectors show! Looks like there were some interesting items there.

Nice finds Fred!
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Has anyone else noticed the mysterious Polish AKM 6H3 Type I with the orange plastic grips and the oval 11 marking? Mysterious as it has matching numbers 1013 and appears in lots of places / pictures. Starting with the picture from South Africa at the start of this post. Then again in pictures from a collection in Germany on the next screen. Now it appears to have recently changed hands at a collectors show in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. It would be interesting to track its travels and owners ....... or is there more than one number 1013?
Mike
pwcosol

Post by pwcosol »

Thanks Mr. B. regarding the "proliferation" of photos of Polish 6H3 #1013 popping up here & there. Am pretty sure it is only the one bayonet, but in the collecting world items of interest, once pictured on the net, can spread out and turn up in record time on multiple forums and other medium sites. The negative side of this is scammers sometimes capture enticing photos in an attempt to hook a unsuspecting collector/potential buyer. "Branding" a photo may help prevent this (would like to know how to apply such "branding" as well). The seller mentioned to me there was another example in Europe and Germany might have been where he said it either was located or where his came from. I recall photos of the S.African (Romanian) contract 6H4s w/plastic scabbards that tantalized several AK bayonet aficionados (myself included) until receiving mine from the source! It is a small world after all...
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Yes, I also believe there is only one # 1013. It would be interesting though, to track it since it was created in Poland. Most rare collectibles tend to disappear into collections and only resurface in pictures. I am guilty of this, but do enjoy sharing pictures and information of what I have aquired over the years. I am not a dealer or investor and do not collect for monetary gain. Someday my collection will be liquidated. It will be enjoyable to see where they all go if I am still around.
Mike