Collection for sale

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Dragur2791

Collection for sale

Post by Dragur2791 »

For any one interested, there is currently what appears to be a “complete” collection of ak bayonets for sale on ebay.. the price is surely debateable based on the individual pieces.. for instance I see multible reworked Russian bayonets and a “civil” T81..
on the plus side you do get the NDM86 and indonesian for instance.. those are surely rare..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bayonet-Knife- ... %7Ciid%3A1
BlastCrab

Re: Collection for sale

Post by BlastCrab »

Thanks for this link. Its very neat to see that large of a collection.
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Very interesting. Even with the KM86, NRS1, and some of the other rarer pieces, I don't get a total value of $8000 let alone the $19000 being asked. Anyone disagree with me. I don't blame the person for trying to sell as a unit, but I don't see this going anywhere, anytime soon. If it does, I'l be shocked and I'll be happy for the seller.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Isn't that from Naiden?
Brian
- Admin -
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

... Isn't that from Naiden?
I'm not sure if the person you're referring to is the same guy (he may have a forum user name) but ... I actually know this chap and would happily vouch for him.
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

He has some great stuff, just overpriced in my opinion. If he splits it out I'd be interested in the NRS and the Turkish 6X3. Upgrade the NRS in my collection and the Turkish I don't have.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

... he's had offers for all of all the rarer items but won't break up the collection. If he were to ... my collection would be augmented significantly.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Are all the NRS's in Western collections that we know about missing the mechanism? Asking for a friend... :rotfl:
Seems impossible to find that part.
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I don't know of one with a firing mechanism in the US in a private collection. It would have to be registered similar to how a machine gun or suppressor is registered. For the US National Firearms Act of 1934 augmented by the Gun Control Act of 1968 it would be defined as "Any Other Weapon". If I could have found one, I was going see if I could import and register it. But since the latst US election, I m pretty sure that is off the table.
steelmonkey

Post by steelmonkey »

Well, looks like I'm gonna have to win the lottery soon! That's a pretty impressive collection.