Russian 6x5 and 6x9 training versions

Russian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

rogueX18

Russian 6x5 and 6x9 training versions

Post by rogueX18 »

Greetings!

I was wondering if there are any "official" training versions of these two Russian bayonets?
Rubber, "real", plastic, airsoft... -> one or multiple sources of training versions?
Thank you!
Mr. B.

Re: Russian 6x5 and 6x9 training versions

Post by Mr. B. »

Although there are 6X4, 6X5 and 6X9 "training" versions available from countries in the Russian Federation, there is no evidence of any official military versions. The ones I have seen vary in details, materials and colors. Very similar ones can be acquired from China and other countries as well. I would classify these soft molded training versions as fakes, toys or copies at best. Russia has no history of making or using look-a-like soft bayonets for training purposes for any of the AK series weapons.
Mike
rogueX18

Post by rogueX18 »

Thank you very much.
I have seen, for instance, some examples here: https://grey-shop.ru/Airsoft-AEG/Training-Knifes (made by Predator); and on eBay.
And was naturally curious about "training" versions.
Alas, only toys, but seemingly, nice looking ones.

Kind regards,
Marko
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Here are my versions of these "Russian Training Bayonets". I do display them in a separate section of my collection. The 6X4 and 6X5 ones are displayed with real, (Bulgarian), scabbards. I had extra Bulgarian scabbards as the matching bayonets are displayed mounted on rifles. Some of these training bayonets will fit in the real scabbards if the tensioner spring is removed. I have also seen versions of these trainers that are hand painted to be more realistic. As a side note, notice the two different Bulgarian hangers in the pictures. One has the open end of the rivets toward the front, the other one has the rivets reversed. Mike
AK Training bayonets 6X4  (2).jpg
AK Training bayonets 6X5 (2).jpg
AK Training bayonets 6X9 .jpg
rogueX18

Post by rogueX18 »

Mr. B. wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:20 pm Here are my versions of these "Russian Training Bayonets". I do display them in a separate section of my collection. The 6X4 and 6X5 ones are displayed with real, (Bulgarian), scabbards. I had extra Bulgarian scabbards as the matching bayonets are displayed mounted on rifles. Some of these training bayonets will fit in the real scabbards if the tensioner spring is removed. I have also seen versions of these trainers that are hand painted to be more realistic. As a side note, notice the two different Bulgarian hangers in the pictures. One has the open end of the rivets toward the front, the other one has the rivets reversed. Mike
AK Training bayonets 6X4 (2).jpgAK Training bayonets 6X5 (2).jpgAK Training bayonets 6X9 .jpg
Very nice photos and collection of these! :clap:
Are these "training" versions polymer or rubber? Any specific "brand" or the usual "unknown, maybe China or some airsoft thing"?
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

All three came from the Russian Federation, but from different sources. All three are different colors from gray to black, from flat to gloss finish and appear to have been molded from different materials. Not rubber, but flexible foam, from very soft to almost ridged. Mike
rogueX18

Post by rogueX18 »

Mr. B. wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:13 am All three came from the Russian Federation, but from different sources. All three are different colors from gray to black, from flat to gloss finish and appear to have been molded from different materials. Not rubber, but flexible foam, from very soft to almost ridged. Mike
Thank you! :hail: