Big Thanks

For the Discussion of Anything Off-Topic

Moderator: Mr. B.

RPBCPS

Big Thanks

Post by RPBCPS »

Over the last month or so, I have been sorting through and cataloging my bayonets, as I have unexpected time on my hands. Amongst my bayonets, I discovered I had a few duplicates, which proved beneficial to a fellow collector and myself.

Allow me to digress, a fellow member on this board was looking for a few bayonets for his collection, of which I had duplicates, and he had an 'surplus' experimental 6X5. I only learned about the existence of this 6X5 variation, when I stumbled upon this website in October, having had the collection and interest in 'hibernation' since around 2015.

So my fellow collector, he knows who he is, kindly agreed on an exchange, and yesterday morning I received the experimental 6X5, which will replace my East German KM-87, as the ‘pièce de résistance’ in my collection.

It is great when fellow collectors can assist each other with their collections, cutting out the middle men when possible, sharing information and photos. That is what I loved about the old bayonet forum and this one continues in that tradition.

Thanks to one member in particular, and all the others for your contributions, I am learning all the time.

Stay safe
Richard
MDIvie

Re: Big Thanks

Post by MDIvie »

Always great to hear this sort of thing. Congrats on joining the 6X5 experimental owners club.