Polish Web hangers on eBay

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

RPBCPS

Polish Web hangers on eBay

Post by RPBCPS »

If anyone is interested in adding a Polish web Molle hanger, posted by Mike in the ‘Polish AKM 6H4 Type II Hangers for Molle LBE’ thread, there are a couple on eBay at the moment, I have just ordered one for myself.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302740381567

Stay safe
Richard
ilian

Re: Polish Web hangers on eBay

Post by ilian »

they are not hanger in reallity, it's a cutoff part of a polish Y strap / suspender
Attachments
polish-army-wz84-suspenders.jpg
polish-army-wz84-suspenders.jpg (29.93 KiB) Viewed 13845 times
RPBCPS

Post by RPBCPS »

Merci Ilian,
That is interesting, I learnt a long time ago that, 'the ability to survive, depends on the ability to adapt'. LOL!
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I have the hanger and have handled the Polish Y-strap. The hanger is a purpose made unit that is based on the matrial from the Y-strap as far as I can tell, not cut off of a Y-strap assembly.
ilian

Post by ilian »

It's a cut off Martin ;) only a small buckle is added
Attachments
IMG_20191124_213808.jpg
IMG_20191124_213813.jpg
IMG_20191124_213802.jpg
IMG_20191124_213751.jpg
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Martin,

I'm afraid I have to agree with ilian. I have closely examined my hanger and the Y strap. It is obvious that it has been cut off the right side of the Y strap about 1/2 inch above the leather hilt loop. The lower part has been folded up and stitched at two places above and below the hilt loop. The stitching is somewhat crude, different colored thread, the edges not well aligned and the fabric has not been heat sealed where cut. The separate buckle and cross strap most probably from the left side of the Y strap. It may have been made to use with Molle gear or it may be just a fantasy collectors item.

Mike
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG (36.88 KiB) Viewed 13785 times
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

As a side note, I spent a long time with the one I received trying to make it fit. I took it all apart and tried to make it attach to the bayonet and scabbard. Not really very logical or functional. Talked to a friend in Poland and he said he knew that some guys where making them out of basically worthless surplus new Y straps. Not official, just for fun and make a little money!? More pictures and info under "Poland" heading. Mike
RPBCPS

Post by RPBCPS »

Sometimes you just have to roll the dice, sometimes you win, this time, once again, I lost :shrug:
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Hey, it seems you aren't the only one. Looks like Martin, illian and I also have one. I know of a lot of other collectors that have one too. Better to have one as an example than miss out on an unusual item. Mike
RPBCPS

Post by RPBCPS »

I'm in good company then :clap:

Richard
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Good catch guys. I stand corrected.
Mine doesn't have weird stitching. The stitching looks like original but on closer examination the webbing has obviously been cut off of something. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Martin
RPBCPS

Post by RPBCPS »

Looks like my luck is favouring me, as the 'Polish Hanger for Molle LBE' that I ordered, failed to arrive.
So the other day I sent the seller an email and today he has issued a full refund for the MIA hanger, so all ends well on that one, and a few more $'s to spend on something else.

Richard
LONDON ANDY

Post by LONDON ANDY »

I had also purchased a few weeks ago what was described as "An original Polish army bayonet holder" on e-bay.
It was listed as "fits 6H3 & 6H4 and other" and "Made in Poland" and "Old military stock".
The item never arrived and I have also received a full refund so thought I would let people know.

I did not know prior to purchase that this was also one that had been fabricated from cut down webbing like the ones described in this post as I only recently found and joined this forum :-)

Andy