Wazzit?

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Re: Wazzit?

Post by Mr. B. »

The first one appears to be a Russian AKM 6X3 Type I bayonet and scabbard. I would need more pictures/information to confirm this and give more detailed information. Also both the bayonet and scabbard appear to have been reworked at least once and possibly several times. The hanger and hilt strap appear to be new and are probably replacement items during rework/refinishing. This bayonet is typical of most of Russian ones on the market recently.
The second one is another Romanian AKM 6X3 Type I bayonet and scabbard. It has matching original numbers and appears to have a correct insulator, but is missing a hanger and hilt strap. The "BH" serial number prefix indicates this one was produced in 1968. Mike
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Error.
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Mr. B. wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:23 am The first one appears to be a Russian AKM 6X3 Type I bayonet and scabbard..
Thank you, Mike.. so I will exclude the ohter bayo from my watching list.. as far I´m looking for russian made AKM 1st model at the moment 8-)
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

By the way, Mike - what do you meant with this:
BTW: The "TO" is English(?), not Latin or Cyrillic. Mike
I know Latin and Cyrillic alphabets - but what´s the "English" one - some ancient Celtic runes or what :??:
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

The English alphabet's current form originated from Latin script in about the 7th century. Since then, various letters have been added, or removed, to give the current Modern English alphabet of 26 letters, each having an upper- and lower-case form...
I simplified my response to eliminate any confusion for all our online members and guests. Mike
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Sorry for the late reply. I must have missed this post. The top one could be a Russian rework, but hard to tell from just this one picture. The second/lower one is definitely another Romanian. Only the Romanian ones have that style of serial numbers and the bulbus pommel. Mike