Supporting this forum

For the Discussion of Anything Off-Topic

Moderator: Mr. B.

Brian
Site Admin

Supporting this forum

Post by Brian »

Hi all,
As you know, this forum is free and will remain so.
Hosting and domain costs are borne by myself in the in the interests of expanding our knowledge of AK bayonets and related.
I feel we have a remarkable amount of info gathered here, even though this is a limited and small field of interest.
The hosting costs are not great. Probably about $80-100 a year. I have covered them completely for the past few years. But on a South African salary, they do hurt just a little. Hosting invoice is due for renewal, and that just led to this post.
I am not pleading for contributions. We are ok. But wanted to ask if anyone would like to donate $5 or $10 or whatever, it would be greatly appreciated and can be done by visiting http://www.paypal.me/japaneseswords

Again, donations are not compulsory and won't ever be. Just very much appreciated if anyone would like to.

Thanks all,

Brian
Brian
- Admin -
ilian

Re: Supporting this forum

Post by ilian »

Done ;)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks very much, appreciate the support :Tx:
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Done! It's a privilege to be a member. Thanks for making it available Brian! It's appreciated!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thank you both, much appreciated and a huge help.
Brian
- Admin -
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Just a gentle nudge a year later. Just paid out around $100, which is a lot for a South African.
I'm ok with funding this..the although we are not the most active forum out there, there is only so much new info that can be posted and I think we have accumulated more than anywhere out there. But if anyone wants to help with 10 or 20 bucks or whatever, it is always greatly appreciated. But voluntary of course.
http://www.paypal.me/japaneseswords

Brian
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Done! Thanks for the reminder, not something I think about. As always, a privilege to be a member. Lots of interesting pictures and information here, but still more to learn. Thanks for the Forum, Mike
furtium

Post by furtium »

Done :) Yes, thanks for the reminder and the forum.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thank you gents, it does help a lot.
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

It would be nice if ALL the members would kick in a little. It would work out to about a dollar each per year. At least those of us that visit the site on a regular basis should to help cover the costs. Brian created this Forum and pays for it out of his pocket. Why should he have to pay for our enjoyment? Maybe he should be rewarded, not penalized!
Mike
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Had one or 2 more guys contributing a few bucks. I don't want to name names (most prefer not) but want to thank those of you who did. It is greatly appreciated and really does help.

Brian
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Brian wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:57 pm Just a gentle nudge a year later. Just paid out around $100, which is a lot for a South African.
I'm ok with funding this..the although we are not the most active forum out there, there is only so much new info that can be posted and I think we have accumulated more than anywhere out there. But if anyone wants to help with 10 or 20 bucks or whatever, it is always greatly appreciated. But voluntary of course.
http://www.paypal.me/japaneseswords

Brian
I thought this would be a good time to post a reminder. Lot's of things happening in our lives the past year. I know Brian has had a tough year. Let's all help him out and keep this Forum going. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! Mike
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks Mike, received your donation with huge thanks. Does indeed help a lot. Forum costs aren't huge, but it hasn't been an easy year for anyone.
Wishing everyone out there a wonderful Festive Season and a smooth 2021. Stay safe!
Brian
- Admin -
steelmonkey

Post by steelmonkey »

Sending $10 USD right now. Small price for the wealth of info on this site.
Curtis
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Received...wondered where it came from :-)
Thanks a lot, really appreciated.
Brian
- Admin -
Dragur2791

Post by Dragur2791 »

Done👍😊
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

As we welcome March 1st today, I realized another year has passed. Time to file our annual taxes here in the USA. As I look at my accounts, I noticed that it has been a year since I contributed to Brian to help fund this Forum. It costs nothing to join and participate, but there are costs to maintain this site.
Perhaps this is a good time to acknowledge our Administrator, Brian, and thank him for making this Forum available to all of us. He personally pays for all the expenses involved. As we all benefit from this Forum I believe it is only fair to consider contributing a few dollars a year to help offset his costs.
I believe this Forum is one of the best sources of information and pictures available for those interested in Kalashnikov Bayonets. I am sure Brian would appreciate it if we all contributed $5.00 to $10.00 a year to help keep it going.

Regards, Mike
Dragur2791

Post by Dragur2791 »

Done 👍😊
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Really appreciate it Mike, and Alexander.
True, it does help a lot. For anyone who does want to contribute anything, I can take PP via https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/japaneseswords and even have a direct CC processor if that is easier.
This forum doesn't have a ton of daily posts, but thanks to people like Mike, I think we have more info here on the subject than anywhere else in the world currently.

Thanks again!
Brian
- Admin -
Marco

Post by Marco »

Ok Brian, it's done from France for Marco and Jc22. Bye!