AK Bayonet Replicas / Toys

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

AK Bayonet Replicas / Toys

Post by Mr. B. »

In the last couple years I have seen these "training" bayonets for sale from various sources. I don't believe they are actual military issue training devices. They appear to be soft molded rubber replicas, but interesting to see the details involved. The first one came from Russia and is a replica of an AKM 6X4 Type II bayonet. The second one came from China and is a replica of a AK74 Type III bayonet. It even has the molded double circle of the Bulgarian arsenal mark. They supposedly will fit in real scabbards, (pictured), with the internal metal retainer removed, but it is a tight fit. Although not an authentic military collectable, they will friction fit on actual AKM and AK74 rifles for display.

On a side note concerning toys. Several years ago someone advertised plastic models of an AKM Type II bayonet and scabbard. They closely resembled a Polish AKM 6H4 Type II bayonet with the correct Type I scabbard. All the parts were plastic except for a fabric hanger. I would like to find one of these to add to my collection if anyone knows of one available. Mike
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG
Mr. B.

Re: AK Bayonet Replicas / Toys

Post by Mr. B. »

Here is a borrowed picture of the "Polish Airsoft Bayonet" that I mentioned previously. It is an all molded plastic display model and the parts have to be assembled / glued together. Mike
Polish Airsoft  Bayonet & Scabbard (1).jpg
porterkids

Post by porterkids »

I purchased these and other bayonet models many years ago from Hobby Link in Japan. They still list all of them but the AK is currently out of stock.

http://hlj.com/product/ARI50508/Mil
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Yes, that's the one. I wonder if the "Out of stock " is temporary or permanent. I may try to contact them and see if I can get a lead on one. Thanks for the info and link. Mike
porterkids

Post by porterkids »

Their site says "Usually ships within 4 to 6 weeks"
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

We'll see, I placed an order If anyone else wants in let me know and I'll adjust the quantity. Looks like around $20, shipped. Mike
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Here's another 'toy' bayonet I picked up recently. This one was hard to pass up since I have a sub-collection of 15+ Chinese Type 56 folding spike bayonets. This one is made specifically for a plastic and metal Airsoft replica pellet gun as an accessory. It is made of aluminum and the blade is an identical copy of the original one. It is designed to screw into some type of hilt on the rifle and I am not sure if it is designed to fold like the original. It is pictured below with an original for comparison. Mike
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0016.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Just answered my own question, it does indeed fold. I did some more research and found info on the original Airsoft Type 56. You can check it out here:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/a ... ype_56.htm

It is listed as discontinued and is no longer in production. It seems the bayonet that came with the Airsoft rifle came with a plastic bayonet blade. I would guess that this would be flimsy and prone to breakage. The aluminum one was made and sold as an accessory for 'display' purposes. Mike
Toy Type 56.jpg
Toy Type 56.jpg (9.22 KiB) Viewed 23126 times
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Here's one more 'training' bayonet that I'll post as a replica/toy as I don't believe is actual military. It's a copy of the Chinese Type 81 bayonet and scabbard. The blade is flexible rubber the rest is molded plastic. It does however have a functional plastic catch assembly. The molded plastic hilt is all messed up with the catch on the wrong side and the top and bottom reversed as well. Here it's shown with an original Chinese military issue Type 81. Mike
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

porterkids wrote:I purchased these and other bayonet models many years ago from Hobby Link in Japan. They still list all of them but the AK is currently out of stock.

http://hlj.com/product/ARI50508/Mil
My thanks to the "porterkids"! I placed an order knowing the item was on back order. They notified me when they were available and filled my order 1-12-17 and the item arrived well packaged on 1-31-17. Total cost including shipping was $20.. Mike
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Here's my newest toy. It's a mostly plastic, 1:1 scale model kit from Japan. It is a replica of a Polish AKM 6H4 bayonet Type II with a Type 1 scabbard, complete with a hanger and wrist strap. The blade, insulator and wrist strap buckle are rubber. The hanger and wrist strap are fabric. The remainder is molded black plastic except for the grip which is molded in brown. Assemble is straight forward similar using small metal screws, no glue required. It is very detailed and realistic in appearance and the parts go together somewhat like a real item. Mike
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0060.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

More pictures.
IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0072.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

End result. Plastic Polish AKM bayonet & scabbard, complete with molded in issue number on the scabbard.
IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0077.JPG
IMG_0078.JPG
porterkids

Post by porterkids »

I have several different bayonet models that I got from them many years ago. All well made, accurately detailed.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That is pretty cool. Think I'll ask my Japanese contacts to look out for these.
Brian
- Admin -
porterkids

Post by porterkids »

You can order them on line and have them shipped directly to you. They're cheap. Hobby Link's website is hyperlinked above