My Bayonet Buy at the SAR(w) 2016 Show

For the Identification of Unknown AK Bayonets and Related Discussion such as Displaying, Use, etc

Moderator: Mr. B.

pwcosol

My Bayonet Buy at the SAR(w) 2016 Show

Post by pwcosol »

I attended our largest Arizona collector show(s) this weekend for three days. Sales were mediocre at best as were my purchases. Saw some AK bayonets but nothing particularly interesting. However, on Saturday morning found this awards plaque to a U.S. Army NCO for his service in Iraq...a nice "cross-over collectible" for one whom not only shares an interest in Kalashnikov bayonets but the War on Terror as well:
Attachments
Dediplaque.JPG
Dediplaque.JPG (39.62 KiB) Viewed 7767 times
Brian
Site Admin

Re: My Bayonet Buy at the SAR(w) 2016 Show

Post by Brian »

Very nice indeed!
Can't see if it is Russian or Tabuk.
Brian
- Admin -
pwcosol

Post by pwcosol »

Brian:
I couldn't tell the manufacturer either when I bought it, as I could not lift the bayonet off the mounting hooks. Yesterday with good lighting I noted it has a Tula star on the grip. I gather from the inscription and badges the recipient was in "S2" (intelligence). With their motto "Always Out Front", I take that to mean these soldiers were attached to front-line combat units. When the unit encountered/captured a enemy outpost, depot, etc. their mission was to gather any information or materials that might prove helpful in revealing enemy intentions, locations, weapons stashes, etc. Often such information is time-sensitive, so it needs to be analyzed as soon as possible and the appropriate action taken.
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I was busy at my table so didn't get to look around and missed that one. Nice find.

MDI