New Member Introductions

For the Discussion of Anything Off-Topic

Moderator: Mr. B.

Brian
Site Admin

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by Brian »

Welcome Bill. Have heard of you, and very glad to have you here. Think we communicated a few times way back when, and we both shared some info in the book. Look forward to sharing more info. Bit slow, but it'll pick up.
Feel free to promote the site out there, the more the merrier.

- Brian -
Brian
- Admin -
modellkm87

Post by modellkm87 »

Hey Brian, I'm Roger Adkins, living in Ohio (USA) and have been collecting AK bayonets for about 15 years off and on. You and I have had some dealings that go back quite some time and it's always been a pleasure. As for AK bayonets, I think there are more varieties than I will ever find, so I continue to search as much as possible to find the key ones that I'm missing. It's been tougher lately as I have changed jobs and responsibilities in the last few years. As for me, my background is chemicals and plastics, so I sometimes chime in on those topics but will try to contribute in other ways as I can.
Thanks for having me.
Roger
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Great to have you here Roger. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Btw, for those not familiar with Bill's writings, there is a huge amount of interesting info here:
http://www.usmilitaryknives.com/porters_page.htm
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Hi their Roger. Nice to see you with us.

Martin
pwcosol

Post by pwcosol »

Well, I see Bill P. joined this Forum just before I did! I also have noted UUIDs for several members I know from another site as well. I am Fred M. and reside in central Arizona. In 1974 I started to collect arms after three years service in the U.S.M.C. Early on I met a 9mm pistol collector whom not only became a good friend but my mentor of sorts. During the next six years my primary interest centered around the Polish P.35, but sold my collection of eighteen examples in 1980 to help fund a down payment on my first home.

By 1981 I started to take an interest in military longarms 1871-present, with the central theme being German military rifles 1898-1945, along with their accessories. This included finding a similarly dated and commensurate condition bayonet to accompany each rifle. Ultimately this developed into a collection unto itself, with particular emphasis on the S84/98 Type 3. I must have over 150 examples of this pattern alone, and a large number of frogs for same.

Sometime around 2004 I began to take a shine to the MPBS M9 bayonet. This stemmed from acquiring a moderately used Phrobis "4-line" at a swap meet for $25.00. For some reason which escapes me, (as my initial thoughts of the M9, which I first saw in the late 1980s, were less than favorable) they then piqued my interest. Well almost 90 M9s later, I guess I collect them! Access to several major collections being sold over the last ten years allowed me to acquire a number of rather scarce variations.

Lastly, upon my relocation to Arizona in 2010 from California (free at last), my desire to own a few modern tactical arms was rekindled (much of which I gave up in 1989 prior to California's Assault Rifle ban #1...and #2... ad nauseum). Since the Kalashnikov rifle has loomed large into this equation, it was just natural I was drawn towards the bayonets for same. I always like these anyway and had them come go over the years. During this time I also had an opportunity to acquire AK bayonets from two relatively decent collections which were being sold. I purchased quite a few examples from both, and have added a number of others since.
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Fred, welcome on board and thank God you got out of Commifornia.

MDI
ilian

Post by ilian »

Hi guys!

My name is Marc, i'm from France. I'm 27.

I started my collection 10 years ago, and i even have a lot of things to learn.
Hope that i can help you with my modest knowledge/collection.

:Tx:
ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

Welcome again Marc :P , as you have seen no new members here. just old forum gathering :)
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good to have you all here.
Yes, it's slow. But it is getting there. I'm happy with the progress so far. All takes time..
Brian
- Admin -
norrick

Post by norrick »

Hey!
Just registered! Never know I might even post something :)
I'm from Sweden btw and I like AK bayonets.

Rick
штык?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good to have you here Rick, welcome.
(You can't get AK5 parts by any chance? :lol: )

Brian
Brian
- Admin -
norrick

Post by norrick »

Hey Brian!
No AK5 parts sorry. Gun laws are pretty insane over here :)
штык?
ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

hello again Rick :)
norrick

Post by norrick »

Hey Loris nice to see you here!
I saw msg, but it seems I'm not authorised to send private messages yet :)
штык?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You should be fine to send and receive messages?
If not, please let me know, and the exact error so I can fix it.
Brian
- Admin -
ou75id32

Post by ou75id32 »

I payed 10 € to Brian just to send kinky messages :P ... you must pay for that kind of communication
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I'll take you up on that. 10 Euro would be 10 Euro more than I've got nowdays :lol:
I see I set private messages to be available after the first (hopefully intro) post, to prevent spammers joining and immediately sending spam pm's.
Still fine tuning things.
Brian
- Admin -
norrick

Post by norrick »

It's all good now :)
штык?
Windy

Post by Windy »

Hi Folks. I'm Matt from the UK. I've recently been picking up mainly old bayonets, but found an AKM II bayonet at a local auction last week and got it for a reasonable price. Since I've been looking into it, have found the background and wide variety of the AK bayonets quite fascinating! I'll post up some pics later to see if my research matches what you pros know about it! Great website, loads of useful info. Cheers guys.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Welcome Matt, glad to have you here. Things may be slow, but we have a lot of info here and some decent collectors at all levels.
Brian
- Admin -