New Member Introductions

For the Discussion of Anything Off-Topic

Moderator: Mr. B.

Brian
Site Admin

New Member Introductions

Post by Brian »

Would be nice if people would pop in and just give a brief intro. Maybe a name, location.....what you collect? A bit about your interest in AK bayonets, or whatever. How long have you been collecting? Anything you feel like sharing.
As for me, I'm Brian from South Africa. When Martin was writing his book, I took a look and realized I had the makings of a collection. A few years later, and I have about 90 bayonets. Still somewhat of a novice to mid level collector though. But it is a hobby that can be enjoyed for relatively little money and is interesting to research.

- Brian -
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Re: New Member Introductions

Post by MDIvie »

I am Martin Ivie, author of the book KALASHNIKOV BAYONETS. I have been collecting ComBloc items for over 30 years. I collect mainly weapons including rifles, bayonets, and inert ordnance with a strong emphasis on Soviet Era from the 1970 to 1990 period. I also collect associated web gear, and ComBloc Paratroop, Border Guards, and special forces paraphernalia. I am located in Allen, Texas, USA which for those of you not familiar is a northern suburb of Dallas and happens to have the worlds largest High School Marching Band.
CRay

Post by CRay »

And I'm Chris Ray. I've been collecting Kalashnikov weapons and accessories for almost as long as Martin (by the way, if you haven't read Martin's great book, do so!) I've been deployed to Africa, Europe, the Middle East (more times than I care), and Southeast Asia where I continued to keep an interest in the Kalashnikov genre but more specifically the bayonet. Interacting with other great folks overseas allowed me to meet Brian and I realized there are others internationally that love the hobby. But I'm always a student of them and enjoy learning from everyone's posts. I look forward to interacting with both old friends here as well as new ones!
SIG_551_SWAT

Post by SIG_551_SWAT »

I am Grardus Luppens from The Netherlands. I have been collecting bayonets for about 10 years now. I am collecting mainly AK bayonets but also bayonets for the M16 rifle family, SIG assault rifle and SA80. My collection now consists of 300+ bayonets. I also collect associated weapon accessories. Last couple of years collecting has been slow due to lack of time and other hobbies. It is also getting harder and harder to find missing pieces in my collection. Hope to read many interesting posts and will also try to post some myself.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good to have you here Grardus. I know what you mean...at a certain point in your collection you find that everything you need is either way over your budget, or just impossible to find.
Hopefully with a decent trading section here we can stimulate some trade and get some new items going to collections again.
I know some members have some extremely rare bayonets in their collections.

Spread the word, let's get all the collectors here and sharing info.
Brian
- Admin -
croblade

Post by croblade »

It is nice to see you all guys! I am Mislav from Croatia, Zagreb. You won't believe but I am collecting AK and related bayonet :)

Actually I started as knife collector. I was choosing knives first by design, allways design. I my opinion if someone is making any product and do not have great design it mean he did not put his heart in craft and without heart there is not perfect product. Emotion and craft are key for making art. After design I make selection on materials and craft. And third and most important selection is what I feel when I take knife in my hand.
Anyway, collecting knives I got few AK and related bayonets as gifts. I checked little around and found out there are few different models of AK bayonets and got idea to put them all in collection. While I got these few I found out few more, than few more, than lot more...
Also I am collecting all edged weapons from Homeland War, but only pieces that were actually in war on Croatian side.

For last two years I was mostly out of collecting, but about month ago I started croblade.com again. Till the end of the year I will publish there Russian, German and Homeland War collections.
BiG UnO

Post by BiG UnO »

Hi all, I am living in the UK, not been actively collecting lately but have a focused Romanian AK bayonet collection and still interested in others.
Gyppo

Post by Gyppo »

My name is Jimmy and I'm an ak-holic. I started collecting combloc rifles about 3 years but just recently moved into bayonets, magazines and pouches. I don't know anywhere near as much as you all but I'm very eager to learn. Thanks for creating such an awesome page!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Glad to have you all here.
Brian
- Admin -
furtium

Post by furtium »

I'm Christopher from Juneau, Alaska and have been collecting primarily AKM bayonets for two years now. It's nice to see some familiar faces from other forums and I look forward to sharing and discussing all things AK-stabby.
croblade

Post by croblade »

Welcome Christopher!
FirearmFrank

Post by FirearmFrank »

Hello, I'm Frank from New Jersey, USA. Built two AK's so far own 3 AK Variants, and 2 more i'm still sourcing parts for.
Just started collecting Bayonets. My collection so far includes 8 different bayonets from 7 different countries including my favorite the Blue Egyptian Maadi. I'll post a few pics later in a different thread. Looking to continue to grow my collection
Firearm Collector / Builder. AK Bayonet Collector
Hungarian AMD65, Converted Saiga .223, Plum Bulgarian AK74, Yugo M70

WTB: Lithuanian Camo AK Bayonet Frog, Black Egyptian Maadi Bayonet
croblade

Post by croblade »

Welcome to the forum Frank.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Welcome guys.
Brian
- Admin -
Trombi

Post by Trombi »

Hello Guys. Some og You know me for some of You I am new here. My name is Sebastian and I do not remeber already for how many years I collect AK bayonets. But not for long. I will not take a part of discussion here cause I have a bad experience from past and other forums where some mental members and their ass lickers had a fun and nasty comments about me and other members. I will post some pictures.
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Good to hear from you again Seb. Hopefully this forum will make our collecting experience more enjoyable for all. M.
croblade

Post by croblade »

Welcome Trombi! Nice to see you here.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Sebastian,
I can assure you, I run another forum for the past 8 years and know how to moderate properly. I will not let it go the same way that other forum did. I am not scared to ban, delete, censor or blacklist people who do not behave, or treat others with respect.
I do not mind disagreements, but they will be civil, and with respect.
I have both Chris and Martin I. as moderators, and will be probably appointing another moderator too, to make sure things are kept under control.
I believe we are all adults, and should treat each other like adults.
Rudeness will be met with an IP ban very fast. So feel free to participate, and anyone can use the "report" function on a thread if they see something objectionable.

Brian
Brian
- Admin -
porterkids

Post by porterkids »

Hello all. My name is Bill Porter from Connecticut and I just came across this forum a few days ago. I know or have dealt with several of you over the years through other forums. I've been collecting bayonets for 47 years and just recently completed a four year term as president of the Society of American Bayonet Collectors. I collect all bayonets from about 1880 to present and my collection is somewhere north of 2000 pieces. My primary interest is the USM9 bayonet and I have most variations and many trials, prototype and experimental M9s. A close second to the M9 is the AK bayonet. Somewhere along the way I connected with Martin when he was working on his book and several of my pieces are included in his fantastic work. I was one of the people who lobbied hard for the inclusion of the VZ58 and the Valmet bayonets. Granted, not an AK but I think everyone is happy to see them in the book.

I don't claim to be an expert on any subject. Just a guy who collects bayonets and enjoys sharing information and pictures with like-minded individuals. I hope to learn a lot by following the conversations here.
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Welcome Bill. It's been a long time. I still need a North Korean AK47 Bayonet with the AKM style Bowie blade,and a few of the recent discoveries.