Toy/Replica East German (DDR) AK47 ?

For discussing anything Kalashnikov related, that does not concern bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Toy/Replica East German (DDR) AK47 ?

Post by Mr. B. »

Identification Help!? While I was visiting a friend in Nevada this summer he showed me this full sized toy AK47 he had picked up, (cheap $50.00) in Poland a couple years ago and was asking me what it was. I had never seen one like this, so was no help. Maybe one of you can help fill in the blanks. I believe it to be DDR due to the selector markings!?

The receiver and barrel are one piece solid steel (cast and machined?), with real wood furniture and a stamped steel folding stock. The magazine and top cover are removable, The bolt and carrier (one piece) are movable and can be cycled and dry fired with the trigger. The safety/selector is also functional as is the rear sight. This replica is very heavy, perhaps heavier than a real one, but it is all very crude and loose fitting. It did not appear any of the parts would interchange with a real weapon. The only markings I could see were; AK-47 stamped on the L. of the receiver and the; D - L stamped on the R. side for the selector notches.

Lookin for any help with I.D. to share with my friend. Thanks, Mike
Toy DDR AK47 1.jpg
Toy DDR AK47 2.jpg
ilian

Re: Toy/Replica East German (DDR) AK47 ?

Post by ilian »

It's a DENIX AKS47 replica.
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

That seems to be the common consensus. Pot metal, (zinc alloy), not steel. Fun toy or display item, decent detailing. Coleman's Military Surplus here in the USA has sold them. Pictures appear to match. Thanks to all for the help with the I.D.. Mike

https://colemans.com/shop/militaria/mis ... ing-stock/
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Does it take a real bayonet? If so..nice prop to display them with.
I have a real milled deact and a deact SVD (yes, I know!) to display with my bayos.
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

I sent my friend in Nevada an extra DDR AK47 I had to try/display with his replica. He sent this picture back. The "fangs" are missing on the FSB and the pommel "ears" don't seem to fit around the FGB either? I have had several Denix type handgun replicas in the past so not surprised as dimensions all seem to be a little off to prevent parts interchange. Still they make an interesting display together on a wall. I also have several Kalashnikov weapons built on legal semi-auto receivers and front ends of others to be able to interchange parts and display bayonets. Mike
AK47 replica & bayonet.jpg
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Here's another all metal and wood replica AK47 I found last weekend on the Illinois side of the Mississippi River. Very realistic look and feel and a completely different design and construction than the previous one. Plus all the metal has been gold(?) plated. Maybe from a South American drug lord or a middle eastern dictator? ;) M.
thumbnail_IMG_20170421_154205114.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_20170421_154150771.jpg