Vietnam AKM Bayonets (?)

Countries such as Cuba, Latvia, Lithuania, Croatia, Vietnam etc with their own frogs/modifications etc.

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Re: Vietnam AKM Bayonets (?)

Post by Mr. B. »

Very nice examples of these two variations, just like mine! It does look like you added a Russian hanger on the brown one. I would suggest replacing it with a short East German, (DDR), one to be correct. Who ever made these bayonets up used new unissued surplus DDR scabbards and hangers assemblies. The black scabbards would be correct with either a short or long hanger depending on if the were assembled for use with the DDR AKM 6X3 Type I, (transitional) or the AKM 6X4 Type II bayonet. This can be somewhat determined by the molded marks on the scabbard, early vs late. Mike
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Info on the scabbards is available in the section on Germany and this subject, "East German Type II Scabbard Variations".
BlastCrab

Post by BlastCrab »

I just brought in a few of both black and red-handled. Kept out two of each for me. Lots of German proofs on the scabbards. Most of them have circle 35 stamps. one had circle 27, and one had circle 15. The circle 27 even came with a plastic-type hanger.
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

That plastic type East German hanger is fairly rare. To add to the numbers, I have a red handle with the number 21.
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

FYI ....If anyone is interested. Both versions of this bayonet are currently for sale on the The AK Forum.

https://www.theakforum.net/threads/wts- ... ts.319789/