Indian INSAS bayonet hangers

Indian INSAS Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Indian INSAS bayonet hangers

Post by Mr. B. »

The method of carrying the INSAS bayonet is very intriguing. Virtually no information can be found on this subject. It is not seen being worn on the belt or load carrying equipment in any available pictures. No one seems to know what a INSAS hanger looks like and no pictures are found. The scabbard is made with a built in bar for a snap hook similar to Russia and the other ComBloc countries so one would assume the Indian hanger would be similar.
During recent research I did manage to find one picture that is a possibility. Look in the lower left of the picture below. Even if this is correct, why is it not seen anywhere else? Mike
India INSAS Bayonet.jpg
India INSAS Bayonet (2).jpg
India INSAS Bayonet (2).jpg (22.84 KiB) Viewed 10675 times
Mr. B.

Re: Indian INSAS bayonet hangers

Post by Mr. B. »

I recently obtained this hanger because it was different. At first I thought it was typical web hanger for a scabbard with a hook or stud. It seemed similar to WWII British web hangers, but it was missing a hole or slot to secure the scabbard.
After seeing the picture above I wondered if it could be for the INSAS as they used mostly British military gear in the past. It would seem logical to repurpose existing hangers. Could it be? Mike
IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Definitely looks like a possibility, Mike.

MDI
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I was at an arms show with international manufacturers, and actually had the marketing company for the INSAS rifles there. But they knew nothing about the bayonets and weren't interested in discussing it. :-(
Brian
- Admin -
pwcosol

Post by pwcosol »

Excellent research. Will have to keep an eye open for this frog. Actually, I don't have a INSAS bayonet (although I had three come thru my hands in the last few years). Thought it was just too peripheral to my interests, so sold them to others...maybe I ought to have kept one anyway...