INSAS

Indian INSAS Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Re: INSAS

Post by Mr. B. »

Here is an example of what Windlass Steel Craft can produce. This is a replica that they make which is listed on eBay. It is a copy of a British WWII era Enfield N0. 5 MKI jungle carbine bayonet and scabbard. Note that the markings include that of the original manufacture R.F.I. which is the Royal Factory Ishapore. Windlass makes a variety of other bayonet replicas. Attached is a link to that part of their current catalog.

https://www.windlass.com/product-catego ... /bayonets/

windlass jungle carbine 1.jpg
windlass jungle carbine 1.jpg (62.95 KiB) Viewed 11884 times
windlass jungle carbine 3.jpg
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I think they are a private company contracted out to make the bayonets for the Indian army.
The ones we see are likely overruns, but I do not think commercially made. Jeremy Tenniswood in the UK may know more as he sold/released many if not most of the ones we see today, over 15 years ago. He must have acquired them somehow. Maybe he remembers something.
https://militaria.co.uk/
Brian
- Admin -
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

Windlass Cutlery has been the distributor for Indian Military blades for maybe a century or more. They also handle export sales for Indian military blades. In my opinion, what we have in our collections are no different than what would have been issued to the Indian military with the INSAS rifles. They are not made specifically for the collectors market unlike a lot of the crap coming out of China. A lot of what Windlass has sold in the past is from overruns of military contracts and I believe that i the case with the INSAS bayonets. My guess is the ones with the Windlass marks are newer production and not an overrun from the military contract.

Martin
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Happy to got my own example..

Price was (us.ebay) just 336.- bucks and I´m very satisfied with this - can´t believe that cheeper is possible 8-)
Attachments
INDIA_05.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Congrats! Nice find. Decent price. You don't see these for sale often. Mike
furtium

Post by furtium »

I checked mine and there is no mark or scrubbed mark on the bayonet, but there is a WINDLASS marking on the scabbard.