My pair of VALMET..

Finnish AK and Valmet Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Bruno

My pair of VALMET..

Post by Bruno »

Two brothers I pictured together..
One is just bayonet - brand new in store condition, nothing special..
The other is combat knife (so-called finnish "puukko") - heavily served and it belonged to some NCO trained in Finnish NCO School 8-)
Attachments
SDC14946.JPG
SDC14948.JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Re: My pair of VALMET..

Post by Brian »

I like that field knife version. I assume no slot at the back?
They are not common, well done.
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

The bayonet version is a common Finish issued version. There are three different manufactured versions, Fiskars, Hackman and a unmarked commercial/export one. The are also found with slightly blade variations, long vs short clip points. These may be due to early vs late production. the are also several scabbard variations, two are pictured here.
Brian is correct the fighting knife version is very rare. Most of them I've seen have had the same blade as the completed bayonet versions. This one has a unique blade style. Nice! Mike
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

There are also some real early variants with wood grips. None of which I posses.
I also like the fighting knife variation. There are also presentation knifes made like the fighting knife with n provision to mount on a rifle.
I only own the three basic bayonet types with my Hackman being more green in coloration than gray as the one shown in Bruno's photo.
Bruno

Post by Bruno »

Jep, Brian - there is no slot.
This knife version has really massive stainless steel blade and handle body - which makes it much heavier compared to the bayonet version.
And if bayonet has just plastic handle, this knife´s handle has rubber covering - which sticks wery well into your fist..
Attachments
SDC14950.JPG
SDC14951.JPG
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Thanks for the detailed pictures! Very interesting closeups of a interesting fighting knife that shares the basic design with the issued bayonet. Mike