Romanian AKM 6X3 & 6X4 Wrist Straps

Romanian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Romanian AKM 6X3 & 6X4 Wrist Straps

Post by Mr. B. »

The Romanian AKM 6X3 & 6X4 wrist straps are of the 2 buckle style. They are made of leather and most commonly smooth finished in chocolate to cordovan brown. they usually also have embossed lines along the edges. Occassionally they are found without the distinct edge line and a natural light to medium tan. Recently they have also been found in a smooth medium gray color reminiscent of the leather used by the former DDR. Pictures are of a natural color on a new 6X4, a natural color on a 6X3 rework and a chocolate/medium brown on a new 6X3. Mike
IMG_0170.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG
Mr. B.

Re: Romanian AKM 6X3 & 6X4 Wrist Straps

Post by Mr. B. »

Here is a picture of a grey leather hanger and wrist strap. The hanger is grey and under closer examination / comparison, the strap has a greenish tint. Mike
IMG_0049.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

These guys seemed to have used anything lying around. Waiting for the fluffy fake fur hangers :rotfl:
Brian
- Admin -
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Sorry, no fake fur or reptile skin hangers or straps at this time. However, you pushed me into adding these "Romanian" wrist straps. It seems that these weird straps have been found on imported surplus Romy bayonets. I have seen pictures of them installed in various ways. I don't believe that this is their intended use, but picked up a couple as representative samples. Several others believe them to be wrist straps for compasses or other small items, I tend to agree. Mike
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
thumbnail_IMG_20170109_180923658.jpg
MDIvie

Post by MDIvie »

I have had several different ComCloc wrist compasses made in Russia, Hungary, Romania, etc.
These are identical to the straps used on those compasses and I figure they have been thrown in with other surplus straps and used for whatever including bayonet wrist straps.

MDI
Mr. B.

Post by Mr. B. »

Here is a picture of a couple Romanian AKM 6X3 type I bayonets and scabbards with the watch strap type hilt straps. Mike
Romanian watch band hilt strap.jpg