Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I 2nd Version

Hungarian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I 2nd Version

Post by Mr. B. »

This is the more common later version of the Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I. This version was used internally and also widely sold externally for commercial and military use. The Hungarian 6X3 bayonet can be identified by the difference in the pommel shape compared to other ComBloc Type I bayonets. The Hungarian pommel profile is more elliptical whereas the others are more round in appearance. Another key difference is the fact that the strap hook on the cross guard is round on the Hungarian whereas it is more angular on all the others. The exception to this is the earliest Russian Type I bayonets also has a round hook. The Hungarian bayonets and scabbards are also usually without any markings. The exceptions are the stamped matching numbers on the early version and the occasional export/import markings on the later ones. The grip panels are smooth and solid color ranging from medium to dark brown. The rubber scabbard insulators also vary in color from light tan/yellow to darker shades. Mike
IMG_0034 (1).JPG
IMG_0035 (1).JPG
IMG_0036 (1).JPG
IMG_0037 (1).JPG
IMG_0018 (1).JPG
Mr. B.

Re: Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I 2nd Version

Post by Mr. B. »

Here are some of the minor variations of the Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I. First is one version of the export markings found on the cross guards, "Made in Hungary - FEG". Also the two piece, two hook leather belt hangers can be found with various leather and metal finishes. Also the number of saw teeth on the blade spine vary. This can be determined by counting the teeth or measuring the overall length of the section. Also by comparing the beginning of the teeth compared to the pivot hole in the blade. Mike
IMG_0042 (1).JPG
IMG_0038 (1).JPG
IMG_0023 (1).JPG
IMG_0022 (1).JPG
IMG_0020 (1).JPG
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Hungarian AKM 6X3 Type I 2nd Version

Post by Brian »

Thanks Mike, great info as always
Brian
- Admin -