Egyptian AKM Type II Bayonet Markings

Egyptian AK Bayonets

Moderator: Mr. B.

Mr. B.

Egyptian AKM Type II Bayonet Markings

Post by Mr. B. »

For the most part the Egyptian AKM 6X4 Type II bayonets with Type I scabbards are unmarked in any way. No arsenal, proof, QC or numbering marks. The exceptions to this is that some can be found with matching Arabic numbers on bayonet and scabbard, (brown grips only?). Also a few can be found stamped block English numbers, (Dk Blue grips only?). The brown grip bayonet came from Kuwait after the 1st Gulf War and was supposedly early Egyptian issue. The one with the English numbers is thought to be one exported from Egypt for a special contract. Or possibly numbered in one of the Balkan countries for their use. Pictured below are the numbered ones and a standard un-marked one for comparison.
Mike
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG
IMG_0234.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG
Mr. B.

Re: Egyptian AKM Type II Bayonet Markings

Post by Mr. B. »

I recently found another Egyptian AKM 6X4 Type II with a different style of markings. This one has what appears to be machine engraved numbers on the cross guard and scabbard body. Also the numbers on the crossguard are on the opposite site than the previous ones. These numbers may well be for a contract or export order, However they appear to have been placed during production in Egypt as the numbers on the crossguard were partially covered with hilt/grip glue and the ones on the scabbard covered with the original black paint. I actually had to chip of some of the glue off to confirm the crossguard numbers. Mike
IMG_0290.JPG
IMG_0291.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG
Dragur2791

Re: Egyptian AKM Type II Bayonet Markings

Post by Dragur2791 »

Interesting numbers and excellent looking example overall!
Nice find!!

Im still looking for these with arabic numbers!
Hard to find!